Braves vs. Mets Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 8
The Atlanta Braves (37-24) bring a four-game winning streak into a home matchup versus the New York Mets (30-32) at 7:20 PM ET on Thursday.
The Braves will look to Spencer Strider (6-2) versus the Mets and Justin Verlander (2-3).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Mets Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Truist Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Strider - ATL (6-2, 3.10 ERA) vs Verlander - NYM (2-3, 4.25 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Mets Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Mets Player Props|
|Braves vs Mets Odds|
|Braves vs Mets Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Mets|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Spencer Strider
- The Braves will send Strider (6-2) to the mound for his 13th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in six innings pitched against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.10 and 14.6 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .177 in 12 games this season.
- He's going for his fourth straight quality start.
- Strider has 12 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has finished three appearances without allowing an earned run in 12 chances this season.
Spencer Strider vs. Mets
- The Mets rank 21st in MLB with a .238 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 21st in the league (.393) and 73 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Mets to go 5-for-20 with a triple, a home run and four RBI in five innings this season.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Justin Verlander
- Verlander gets the start for the Mets, his seventh of the season. He is 2-3 with a 4.25 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 36 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Friday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when the right-hander threw six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up five hits.
- The 40-year-old has a 4.25 ERA and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings over six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .235 to opposing hitters.
- Verlander has three quality starts under his belt this year.
- Verlander will look to build upon a seven-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging six frames per outing).
- So far during the 2023 campaign he has allowed one or more earned runs in each of his appearances.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.