Do you need help from our Call For Action Team?

WRDW WAGT Dual Logo for Streams
WRDW WAGT Dual Logo for Streams((Source: WRDW))
Published: Sep. 27, 2016 at 10:40 AM EDT|Updated: Sep. 1, 2021 at 12:38 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

News 12′s Call For Action team is composed of local volunteers who come to our station twice a week to help solve your problems. Call For Action is a phone line that you can call with consumer problems and get help or guidance for free. The group reviews, evaluates, and follows-up on complaints and keeps documentation of local concerns. Volunteers direct each caller to the appropriate next step.

You can leave a message 24 hours a day and volunteers will return their calls when they're here. Volunteers are present from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesdays. Call 762-685-5399 or email

There are certain people you can reach out to before you call us to get your problem solved.

1. Landlord will not make repairs/mold? Call Code Enforcement.

Richmond County - (706) 312-5049

Aiken County - (803) 502-9000 x 8790

Columbia County - (706) 868-3375

2. Auto Sales problems? Call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint - (706) 210-7676.

Also, call the Office of Consumer Protection (Georgia) 1-800-869-1123 or Office of Consumer Affairs (South Carolina) 844-TELL-DCA.

*If the consumer bought the car "as is" this means he/she agreed to buy the car with any of the current problems. The dealer can not be held responsible if the car was sold as is.*

3. Custody/Child Support - Our team does not investigate these cases. The party needs to hire a lawyer.
4. Contractor problems?

You must have a contract and receipt to show our team. These documents should be emailed to

with a short explanation. The documents can also be dropped off at the station addressed to Liz Owens.

5. Home builder concerns?

We will look into these but only after they have contacted the builder themselves and warranty company with no luck.

6. Need help paying bills?

Call the Salvation Army - (706) 922-8330

7. Dirty restaurants/stores, etc.

Contact (SC) DHEC at (803) 642-1637 or (Ga) (404) 657-2700.